Caring for Children is Our Specialty
Children aren’t little adults. Their bodies are different. That’s why the staff at UVA Children's Hospital is specially trained to treat your child’s needs.
A Family-Centered Approach to Pediatric Care
You’ll be encouraged to participate in all aspects of your child’s care. And you’ll get healthcare professionals who will listen to you and answer your questions in a way that you and your child will understand.
Whatever your child's condition, your whole family may experience stress and you will probably have a lot of questions. We'll help:
- You and your child understand how and why we're doing a test or procedure
- Explain the follow-up process
- Work with your child's school if needed
Children's Hospital Pediatrics at UVA
- We treat children in over 30 different specialty pediatric services and have a pediatric emergency department, as well as intensive care units for infants and young children.
- Kluge Children’s Rehabilitation Center (KCRC) is where children from birth to age 21 come for therapy and rehabilitation.