If that’s your response to some of the local races, you’re not alone. Charlottesville has an almost overwhelming number of walks and runs that raise money for great causes. But a lot of people may find the distance intimidating.
If you’re one of those people, we’ve got a walk coming up where you can choose how far you want to go.
Want to get your kids involved? Kids can walk too, actively participating to help other kids.
The walk is on Saturday, June 4, and registration begins at 8 a.m. It’s at The Park next to the UVA law school.
You can pick up a walk map at registration and even choose how far you want to walk:
- Four-mile route
- Three-mile route
- ¼ mile Wee Walk for the kids
Here’s what you need to do:
- Print out the pledge form.
- Form a team of family, friends or co-workers.
- Gather pledges. Any amount helps! You can even set up your own giving page.
- Bring your pledge form and pledges with you to registration.
- Hang out with us after the walk and enjoy the picnic and prizes!
Help Pediatric Healthcare
Your donations to the UVA Children’s Hospital help kids from all over Virginia like 10-year-old Emya, who developed a rare life-threatening orthopaedic condition. They also help us research childhood diseases. Some of our projects include:
- The Barry & Bill Battle Building, which breaks ground next month and will provide outpatient care to children with complex illnesses
- The Jeffrey’s Gifts Fund, which delivers surprise bags of toys to children fighting cancer in our hospital
- The Heart Family Fund, which provides gas cards, food vouchers and lodging for families traveling across Virginia for children’s heart care
Visit the UVA Health Foundation website to learn more about how donations help the Children’s Hospital.