57 Beam Lane, Suite 202
Fishersville, VA 22939
540.932.0980 ph. | 540.932.0979 fx.
- Related Doctors
- Patient Information
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Thursday | 8:15 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday | 8:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday | 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Sunday | 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Walk-ins are welcome for minor illness and injury Monday-Friday 8:15 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
- Monday-Thursday (evening hours as needed)
- We provide an On Call Pediatric Nurse Line for after hours questions that cannot wait until morning
- Later hours as needed during the winter sick season
Make an Appointment
General Services Offered
- Extended hours of care, including weekends and walk-in hours
- Regular health maintenance visits and immunizations
- Care for illnesses and minor injuries
- Healthcare specialized for teens and adolescents
- Newborn care and well child check-ups
- Lactation consultations
- School problems, ADHD and behavior concerns
- Chronic health problems
- School physicals including preschool, kindergarten, sports and college entry
- Assessment of growth and development
- Evaluation for developmental milestones and delays
- Allergy care and evaluation
- Hearing and vision screening
Specialty Services Offered
- Pediatric pulmonology
- Pediatric sleep medicine
- Pediatric urology
Augusta Pediatrics providers and staff help families raise healthy, happy and secure children by providing comprehensive medical care. We emphasize preventive healthcare with a focus on wellness, behavior, development, safety and nutrition.
We see patients from newborns through young adulthood. All of our pediatricians are board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics.
Our new office was designed to offer a friendly, warm, safe and welcoming environment.
Did you know?
- Convenient Fishersville location serves families from Staunton, Waynesboro, Augusta and surrounding counties
- Close to interstates 64 and 81
- Ample free parking just outside the office with push button door openings to help those with strollers and car seats
- Handicapped-accessible office
- Three separate waiting rooms for healthy, sick and well-baby appointments
- Large family-style bathrooms with changing tables
- Our new facility offers a private nursing mom's room with a rocking chair and changing table.
- We have two certified lactation specialists to help you with difficulties with latch, milk supply and feeding of premature and special needs infants, as well as weaning and medication effects.
From I-81 North: Take exit 222 to I-64. Take exit 91. Turn left onto state Route 608 (Tinkling Springs Road). Left onto Lifecore Drive. Left onto Beam Lane. The clinic will be at the end of the road on the right.
From I-81 South and I-64 West: Take I-64 East to Fishersville to exit 91. Left onto state Route 608 (Tinkling Springs Road). Left onto Lifecore Drive. Left onto Beam Lane. The clinic will be at the end of the road on the right.
From I-64 East: Take exit 91, right onto Rt. 608. Take a left onto Lifecore Drive. Left onto Beam Lane. The clinic will be at the end of the road on the right.
From Route 250 East and West: South on state Route 608. Right onto Lifecore Drive. Left onto Beam Lane. The clinic will be at the end of the road on the right.Driving Information
- The Augusta Professional Park building is located on Beam Lane just beyond the Augusta Healthcare for Women Practice off Lifecore Drive.
- Within the Augusta Professional Park, Augusta Pediatrics is located just through the main entrance on the left.
Four check-in stations allow us to provide our patients a fast and private registration upon arrival.
You will discover three separate waiting rooms, including a play area for sick children, a play area for well child check-ups and adolescent seating for our teens.
Our warm and cozy nursing room provides a private area off of the well child waiting room for feeding and diaper changes – complete with rocking chairs, Boppies and bottle warmer.
Our comprehensive exam rooms provide state of the art technology in a comfortable intimate care setting. Through our Reach Out and Read program, each child age 6 month-5 years receives a story book at their well child check up.
Vibrant splashes of color and playful circles on the floors and ceilings encourage creativity and imagination in children of all ages.
When a full doctor’s visit isn’t required; our caring and compassionate nurses can provide vaccinations, weight checks and car seat trials in one of the two Nurse Visit Rooms.
PhotosCheck-In StationsWaiting RoomsBreastfeeding RoomExam RoomNurses StationNurse Visit Room
General PediatriciansJoseph Fisher
New to the area or looking for a primary physician? To schedule an appointment or establish care, call or come by our office. If you need to transfer your child's medical records, you can use this form (PDF) or pick up a copy at the office.
“Get to Know You Visits” can be scheduled by calling the office during your last trimester. Notify your OB doctor and the labor and delivery team so our pediatricians can be there to check your newborn.
New parent classes are offered periodically to answer questions and provide guidance on care of our littlest patients.
Breastfeeding Help for New Moms
We promote breastfeeding to improve infant health. Both mothers and babies benefit from breast feeding. Breast milk contains antibodies that protect infants from bacteria and viruses. Breastfed children have fewer ear, respiratory and urinary tract infections.
We have two lactation specialists on staff to help answer questions and work through difficulties.
More information on breastfeeding.
Children's Reading Programs
Reach Out and Read program: Your child is given an age appropriate storybook at their well child check up beginning at 6 months through 5 years.
Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library: Ask us about enrolling your child.
Local libraries offer reading programs for children of all ages:
Adolescent and Teen Care
Our pediatricians provide care tailored to the needs of preteens, teens and young adults, including routine physicals for school, sports and college.Coming Soon
Oh Baby! Classes for new and soon-to-be parents. Refreshments and childcare provided.
Our office is open 7 days a week for your convenience. We also offer 24-hour pediatric nurse advice through TeleHealth Pediatric Service, which gives you telephone access to pediatric nurses who follow our provider’s guidelines.
- Help you make decisions on care to keep your child comfortable
- Give advice on how to monitor your child
- Figure out if our doctors need to be paged
Our practice is part of the University of Virginia Physicians Group and the UVA Health System. We offer easy access to specialists at UVA Children’s Hospital and UVA Medical Center for complicated problems needing extra evaluation. If your child needs to be admitted and cared for locally, our pediatricians also have privileges for admissions to Augusta Health.
Give us 24-hours' notice if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Families with three consecutive no shows in a 12-month period may be discharged from the practice.
For medical record requests, please contact the office.