Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center
Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center
1240 Lee Street
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Infusion Center also open Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- TomoHD™: We’re the first in the nation to offer this latest
version of the TomoTherapy system, which delivers precisely targeted
radiation treatments that preserve more healthy tissue.
- CT on Rails brachytherapy suite: Patients with gynecologic and prostate cancers can get treatment in a single, more comfortable location instead of needing to be moved to multiple locations.
- Varian TrueBeam™ linear accelerator: The first of its kind in Virginia, this streamlined system for planning and monitoring treatments provides safe, effective treatments. The TrueBeam rotates around the patient to deliver a prescribed radiation dose from nearly any angle.
- Advanced imaging: A new SPECT/CT device combines single photo emission computed tomography (SPECT) with CT for improved diagnosis in one scan.
Support ServicesDid You Know?
Our first floor Meditation Room provides a peaceful setting for patients and families to pray, meditate or just sit quietly.
You have access to onsite support services to help you before, during and after your treatment, including:
- Genetic counselors
- Social workers
- Financial counselors
The Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center offers convenient access to the full range of state-of-the-art cancer treatments — all in a warm, inviting and invigorating space designed for the needs of patients and their families. Clinics housed within the facility include:
Flourish Positive Image Boutique
- Imaging center (first floor)
- Retail pharmacy (second floor)
- Café with prepared health-conscious food options (first floor)
- Meditation room (first floor)
- Flourish Positive Image Boutique (first floor)
- Three reflective gardens, including a rooftop garden
Flourish is a custom shop that sells wigs, turbans, prostheses, mastectomy bras and other items like creams, books and gifts. The shop also has a certified mastectomy fitter.
- Clinics are designed to let patients see multiple doctors without going to different rooms.
- Many exam rooms in the women’s oncology clinic have their own dressing room and bathroom for privacy.
- Different treatment areas in the infusion center – including private rooms and group rooms – allow patients to tailor their treatment experience.
- An onsite imaging facility lets patients get their scans and review them with their doctor on the same day.
From North: (Via U.S. 29) Stay on U.S. 29, which becomes Emmet Street. Follow Emmet Street, which becomes Jefferson Park Avenue, and bear left toward the UVA Medical Center.
From South: (Via U.S. 29) Take U.S. 29 Business exit just past the I-64 interchange. At end of ramp, turn right onto Fontaine Avenue, which becomes Jefferson Park Avenue. Bear right at traffic light toward UVA Medical Center.
From East: (Via I-64) Take exit 118B (U.S. 29). Take the next exit (U.S. 29 Business.) At end of ramp, turn right onto Fontaine Avenue, which becomes Jefferson Park Avenue. Bear right at traffic light toward UVA Medical Center.
From West: (Via I-64) Take exit 118B (U.S. 29). Take the next exit (U.S. 29 Business.) At end of ramp, turn right onto Fontaine Avenue, which becomes Jefferson Park Avenue. Bear right at traffic light toward UVA Medical Center.
Parking is available in the Lee Street Parking Garage, directly across the street from University Hospital and Emergency Department. Take the green parking ticket you receive when you enter the garage to your patient registration site for validation to park for free.
Handicap Parking is located on levels B-E of the Lee Street Parking Garage.
The curved walls and etched glass windows in Radiation Oncology create a soothing atmosphere for patients.
The lobby of the Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center offers an airy and inviting atmosphere for patients and visitors.
The women's oncology waiting room provides patients with a quiet, calming space.
Patients can choose between a group infusion setting or private infusion rooms.
We’re the first in the nation to offer the latest version of the TomoTherapy system, which delivers precisely targeted radiation treatments that preserve more healthy tissue.
The Meditation Room provides a peaceful setting for patients and families to pray, meditate or just sit quietly.
PhotosRadiation OncologyLobbyWaiting RoomInfusionTomoHDMeditation Room