Diagnostic Vascular Laboratory
University Hospital, 2nd Floor
1215 Lee St.
Charlottesville, VA 22908
434.924.5824 ph. | 434.982.1025 fx.
- Related Doctors
- Patient Information
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday | 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Making an Appointment
You'll need a referral. Once you have a referral, call us at 434.924.5824 to make an appointment.
The Diagnostic Vascular Laboratory at the Heart and Vascular Center provides non-invasive cardiovascular diagnostic tests. These studies are performed by a registered vascular technologist or registered vascular sonographer.
- Carotid duplex ultrasound imaging
- Symptomatic/asymptomatic carotid stenosis
- Intraoperative carotid artery analysis
- Venous duplex ultrasound imaging
- Venous thrombosis
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Perforator incompetence
- Deep abdominal ultrasound imaging
- Celiac artery stenosis, superior mesenteric artery stenosis and inferior mesenteric artery stenosis
- Aneurysm imaging
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Femoral and popliteal artery aneurysms
- Bypass graft imaging
- Lower extremity and upper extremity bypass graft analysis
- Renal artery duplex imaging
- Arterial duplex imaging
- Hemodialysis fistula duplex imaging
- Extremity Doppler pressures and waveforms
- Analysis of peripheral vascular occlusive disease
- Exercise lower extremity Doppler pressures
- Analysis of peripheral vascular occlusive disease (especially inflow)
- Arterial plethysmography
- Raynaud's disease (toes, fingers)
- Conditions related to diabetes
We're located in the Heart and Vascular Clinic on the second floor of University Hospital.
From North (Culpeper): Follow U.S. 29 South toward Charlottesville. U.S. 29 South turns into Emmet Street. Turn left onto U.S. 250 Business East/University Ave. Pass the Rotunda on your right. Take a sharp right at light onto Jefferson Park Avenue. Turn left on Lee Street.
From South (Lynchburg): Follow U.S. 29 North toward Charlottesville. Take the exit onto U.S. 29 Business North/Fontaine Avenue. Continue straight onto Jefferson Park Avenue. Turn right to stay on Jefferson Park Avenue. Turn right onto Lee Street.
From East (Richmond): Take I-64 West toward Charlottesville. Take exit 121 for state Route 20 toward Charlottesville/Scottsville. Turn right onto state Route 20 North. Turn left onto Elliott Avenue. Continue onto Cherry Avenue. Turn right onto Roosevelt Brown Boulevard. Take third left onto Crispell Drive. Take the first right onto Lee Street. Take a slight left at the stoplight onto Jefferson Park Avenue.
From West (Staunton): Take I-64 East toward Richmond. Take exit 118B to merge onto U.S. 29 North toward Charlottesville/Culpeper. Take the U.S. 29 Business North/Fontaine Avenue ramp to Charlottesville. Turn right onto U.S. 29 Business North/Fontaine Avenue. Continue straight onto Jefferson Park Avenue. Turn right to stay on Jefferson Park Avenue. Turn right onto Lee Street.
Park in the Lee Street Parking Garage, across from Emergency Department. Your parking will be validated so there is no charge.
Lab and Test Results
Lab results are available in MyChart, a secure online portal that lets you view lab results and communicate with your healthcare provider. You can also call us for results or questions.
If you need to cancel, call us at 434.924.5824 or 1.800.251.3627 at least 72 hours before your appointment time. You can also call us if you need an earlier appointment.