Hospital Construction and Arrival Information
Helpful resources to ensure the best possible experience as you visit
Front Door Greeters
Our greeters give patients wheelchairs and help with other needs as they arrive. Look for them at these locations:
- University Hospital main entrance
- Battle Building at UVA Children's Hospital main and 11th Street Garage entrances
- West Complex Jefferson Park Avenue and Hospital Drive entrances
- 1222 Jefferson Park Avenue
- Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center
- 415 Ray C. Hunt Drive at Fontaine Research Park
Over the past several years, we’ve expanded University Hospital with 72 new inpatient rooms and completed the Battle Building at UVA Children's Hospital and the Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center.
We recently expanded the University Hospital lobby and built a new climate-controlled pedestrian bridge between the Lee Street Garage and University Hospital. These changes help provide our patients with the experience they expect and deserve and support our employees in delivering exceptional care.
Due to construction of a new building between Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center and Lee Street Parking Garage, the entrance to the cancer center has changed. See the new entrance and download a map of UVA Hospital.