Find a Doctor
515 Ray C Hunt Dr. P.O. Box 800159,
Charlottesville, VA, 22903
Phone: 434.243.7778 Fax: 434.243.0290
Training & Certification
Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia
Sports Medicine, Insall-Scott-Kelly Institute for Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
- Board certified in Orthopaedic surgery
- Subspecialty certificate in orthopaedic sports medicine
ACL tears, Articular cartilage treatments, Fractures, Knee instability or ligament injury, Meniscus tears, Osteochondral plug transfer, Rotator cuff tears of the shoulder, Separated shoulder, Shoulder instability, Sprain, Strain, Torn cartilage of the knee, Trauma, Treatment of patella instability
Knee and Shoulder reconstruction, including ACL and meniscus surgery, rotator cuff tears, shoulder instability.
Articular cartilage repair, Knee reconstruction
Dr. David Diduch has practiced Orthopaedic Surgery at UVA since 1995. His practice focuses on sports medicine, including knee and shoulder reconstruction. This includes arthroscopy, ACL reconstructions, meniscus and cartilage surgery, rotator cuff tears and shoulder instability, as well as the various lumps and bumps from sports. He cares for athletes of all ages, from adolescents through older persons who exercise for fitness. A large part of his time is spent caring for the athletes at UVA where he serves as the Head Orthopaedic Team Physician. As part of Dr. Diduch's practice in an academic institution, he is always teaching. Orthopaedic surgery residents, sports medicine fellows, and medical students shadow him in the office and assist in surgery.
Dr. Diduch also serves as the Fellowship Director for Sports Medicine. An academic career also involves research, and numerous clinical trials are always available for interested persons through his office.
Dr. Diduch is married to Lynn and has three sons, two of whom are students at UVA with a third in high school. He loves playing golf with his boys and they also enjoy skiing and fly fishing in Montana.
- 2003 - 2013 Best Doctors in America
- 2011, 2012, 2013 U.S. News Top Doctors
- 2011-2013, America’s Top Doctors, Castle Connolly
- 2006-07 President, Virginia Orthopaedic Society
- Career Development Award, Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation
- Best Paper Award , Virginia Orthopaedic Society (5 Awards)
- Ranawat Award, Eastern Orthopaedic Association
- Founders Award, Eastern Orthopaedic Association
- Elected to the American Orthopaedic Association
- Excellence in Teaching Award, UVA School of Medicine