Find a Doctor
Joint Replacement and Adult Reconstructive Surgery
545 Ray C Hunt Dr,
Charlottesville, VA, 22903
Phone: 434.243.1673 Fax: 434.243.0242
Training & Certification
Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia
Adult Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia; AO Fellowship, Bern, Switzerland
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Aseptic Necrosis of the Hip, Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip, Femoroacetabular Impingement, Hip Bursitis, Hip Osteoarthritis, Knee Osteoarthritis, Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease (LCPD), Osteonecrosis of the Hip, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Surgical Hip Dislocation, Total Hip Replacement, Total Knee Replacement
Total hip and knee replacement, Revision total hip and knee replacement, Avascular osteonecrosis, Minimal invasive surgery for hip and knee joint replacement and fractures, Surgical hip dislocation for treatment of femoroacetabular impingement (FAI)
Stem cell therapy for osteonecrosis, osteolysis in joint replacement, non-union fractures
Dr. Quanjun Cui is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and specializes in adult reconstruction including primary and revision total hip and total knee replacement, complex fractures and related complications, young arthritic hips and knees, avascular osteonecrosis (ischemic bone death), osteotomies including peri-acetabular (Ganz) osteotomy, surgical hip dislocations to treat femoro-acetabular impingement (FAI), and minimally invasive surgery for hip and knee joint replacement and fractures.
Dr. Cui received his medical degree from Henan Medical University with honors and then completed residency and fellowship training in adult reconstruction at University of Virginia. He also completed an AO trauma fellowship at University of Bern in Switzerland. Dr. Cui has written over seventy papers and book chapters on orthopedic surgery and related researches. He has received numerous academic and professional accolades, including the Hip Society Otto Aufranc Award in 1997.
Beyond Orthopaedics Dr. Cui enjoys playing golf and reading. He also loves spending time with his wife, two children and friends for outdoor activities.
- 1997: The Otto E. Aufranc Award. The Hip Society
- 1997: The William Harris Award. Orthopaedic Research Society
- 1998: The Nicolas Andry Award. The Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons
- 2001: Best Resident Paper Award, University of Virginia Orthopaedic Alumni Association, the 4th Annual Meeting, October 2001. 2003: The highest OITE score award, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 2003: Smith & Nephew Resident Research Award
- 2007: Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation (OREF) Zimmer Career Development Award
- 2009: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons/Orthopaedic Research Society Clinical Trial in Orthopaedics Research Symposium Young Investigator Award.
- 2010: The Best Basic Science Poster Award Virginia Orthopaedic Society 63th Annual Meeting April 30- May 1, 2010, Omni, Charlottesville, Virginia
- 2010: Patient Safety Team Award. University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, Virginia
- 2010: Dean’s Award for Clinical Excellence, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 2011: The Best Podium Presentation Abstract Award. Virginia Orthopaedic Society 64th Annual Meeting, April 29- May 1, 2011, the Homestead Resort, Hot springs, Virginia
- 2011: Dean’s Award for Excellence in teaching, Introduction to Academy of Distinguished Educators, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- 2011: 2011 Charles L. Brown Award. “Improving Outcomes of the Total Joint Arthoplasty Patient: Validating Safety and Enhancing Mobility”. University of Virginia School of Medicine.
- 2012: The Best Podium Presentation Abstract Award. Virginia Orthopaedic Society 65th Annual Meeting, May 4-6, 2012, Williamsburg lodge, Williamsburg, Virginia
- 2012: Compassionate Doctor Award, American Registry
- 2009-2012: ‘Patients’ Choice Award’ American Registry 2009-2012: ‘America’s Top Orthopaedist’ Consumers’ Research Council of America