Find a Doctor
Infectious Diseases and International Health
P.O. Box 801379,
Charlottesville, VA, 22908-01379
Phone: 434.982.0103 Fax: 434.924.0075
Training & Certification
Internal Medicine, University of Virginia
Infectious Diseases, University of Virginia
- Internal Medicine, 2002
HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, Infectious Diseases
Mobile-based technologies to improve chronic care, Enteric infections, Global health education
- 2012 Selected as the Young Internist of the Year by Virginia’s chapter of the American College of Physicians.
- 2011 Selected as a Participant in the NIH-Sponsored mHealth Winter Institute. National Harbor, MD.
- 2011 Excellence in Teaching Award. Department on Medicine. University of Virginia.
- 2011 Women’s Center Distinguished Service Award. University of Virginia.
- 2011 Selected as Class Marshal by the UVa School of Medicine Class of 2011.
- 2010 Outstanding Faculty Speaker. University of Virginia Office of Engagement.
- 2010 Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award.
- 2009 Fellow of the American College of Physicians.
- 2009 Michael F. Rein Award for Teaching Excellence. Department of Medicine. University of Virginia.
- 2009 Invited to represent UVa SOM at the AAMC Early Career Women Faculty Professional Development Seminar.
- 2009 Selected as a Class Marshal by the UVa School of Medicine Class of 2009.
- 2008 Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence. UVa School of Medicine.
- 2008 Inducted into the UVa SOM Academy of Distinguished Educators.
- 2008 Nominated by the UVa medical students as the School of Medicine’s Candidate for the AAMC Humanism in Medicine Award
- 2007 Recognition by the Lantern Society as a Role Model for Women at UVa.
- 2007 Excellence in Teaching Award. Department of Medicine. University of Virginia.
- 2007 Certificate of Appreciation from Haitian Ministry of Health (for work on Haitian National HIV Training Curriculum)
- 2006 Seven Society 16th Annual Monticello Dinner Series Honoree. University of Virginia.
- 2006 Young Investigator Award. Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections 2006.
- 2002 All-University Graduate Teaching Assistant Teaching Award. University of Virginia.
- 2002 UVA School of Medicine Resident Teaching Award.
- 1999 Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society.
- 1998 ACP Award for Excellence in Physical Diagnosis.