David R Diduch, MDPractice Area: Orthopedics Department: Orthopaedic Surgery Division: Sports Medicine Title: Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery ABMS Certification: American Board of Orthopedic Surgery with Subspecialty Certificate in Sports Medicine;
Contact InformationPrimary Location:
UVA Sports Medicine Clinic Fontaine Research Park Suite 1100 515 Ray C. Hunt Dr. Charlottesville, VA 22903 Phone: 434.243.7778 | Fax: 434.243.0290 Other Locations:
Outpatient Surgery Center
Dr. David Diduch has practiced orthopaedic surgery at UVA since 1995. His practice focuses on sports medicine, including knee and shoulder reconstruction. This includes arthroscopy, ACL reconstructions, meniscus and cartilage surgery, rotator cuff tears and shoulder instability, patellar instability, as well as the various lumps and bumps from sports. He cares for athletes of all ages, from adolescents through older persons who exercise for fitness. A large part of his time is spent caring for the athletes at UVA where he serves as the head orthopaedic team physician. As part of Dr. Diduch's practice in an academic institution, he is always teaching. Orthopaedic surgery residents, sports medicine fellows and medical students shadow him in the office and assist in surgery.
Dr. Diduch also serves as the vice chair of the department. An academic career also involves research, and numerous clinical trials are always available for interested persons through his office.
Dr. Diduch is married to Lynn and has three sons, all of whom are students at UVA. He loves playing golf with his boys and they also enjoy skiing and fly fishing in Montana.
- 2003-2015 Best Doctors in America® List
- 2011, 2012, 2013 U.S. News Top Doctors
- 2011-2013 America's Top Doctors, Castle Connolly
- 2006-2007 President, Virginia Orthopaedic Society Career Development Award, Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation
- Best Paper Award, Virginia Orthopaedic Society (5 Awards)
- Ranawat Award, Eastern Orthopaedic Association
- Founders Award, Eastern Orthopaedic Association
- Elected to the American Orthopaedic Association
- Excellence in Teaching Award, UVA School of Medicine