Ways to Give Back
Information about volunteering at the hospital, making a contribution and donating blood and organs.
Find out how you can help UVA Health System continue to advance the care we provide.
Make a Gift
Volunteer at the Hospital
Find out about volunteer opportunities at the hospital, including:
- Volunteer opportunities for adults (includes the UVA Hospital Auxiliary)
- UVA undergraduate student volunteering
- Junior Volunteer Program (ages 14-17)
Help Patients and Families in Need
Give the Gift of Life
Help Hospitality House
Give needed items or your time to our home away from home for patients and families who need housing while they are receiving treatment at UVA.
You can help provide comfort to our guests by volunteering your time or donating needed items. Through these donations we are able to provide a warm and comfortable place for people to rest and recover.
If you are interested in donating items or volunteering, please call us at
434.924.5722 or email us.
The Hospitality House wish list includes:
- Non-perishable items, including canned soups, canned tuna, canned chicken, canned fruit, canned vegetables, ramen noodles, peanut butter, jelly, rice, pasta and pasta sauce, pancake mix and syrup, popcorn, mac-n-cheese, trail mix, Jell-O and pudding, coffee, coffee filters, coffee creamer packets and sugar packets, small bags of chips, cookies or crackers, soda and bottled water (no expired items)
- Gift cards to local grocery stores
- Volunteers to help prepare meals, participate in house activities, decorate for the holidays and develop a serenity garden on our property
- Toiletries for female and male guests, including shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream and razors, deodorant, lotion, combs, brushes, toothbrushes, toothpaste and feminine products
- Magazine subscriptions
- Electronics, including DVD players