Open every day, 24 hours a day.
Parking: Free with validation, using your green parking ticket when you register at your appointment. Use the Lee Street Parking Garage directly across the street from University Hospital and Emergency Department.
This 41-bed, level-one trauma center treats all types of adult and pediatric emergencies. Services include:
- Adult emergency department, a 23-bed area for medical and surgical treatment
- Pediatric emergency department, a seven-bed area for patients under 20 years of age
- Chest Pain Center, a five-bed unit for cardiovascular conditions
- Express Care, for minor emergencies like sore throats, fevers, sprains and lacerations
- Women's Center for Emergency Care, for obstetrical and gynecological concerns, postpartum needs, domestic violence issues and sexual assault
The emergency department:
- Evaluates patient's critical health needs
- Stabilizes life-threatening conditions