Outpatient Surgery Center
Monday - Friday | 6:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Surgical procedures are performed Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. and Wednesday between 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Parking: Free for patients and visitors.
Park in the 11th Street Garage.
Enter the Battle Building on Level C.
Shuttle service: Runs every 30 minutes, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Find shuttle stop locations.
At the UVA Outpatient Surgery Center, you have surgery and are driven home by a friend or relative all on the same day.
Advantages of outpatient surgery:
- You recuperate in the comfort of your home, with family and friends
- You save the high costs of hospitalization and return to work sooner
We provide surgery for adults and children using state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
Prepare for Surgery
- We'll try to call you before your surgery to see if you have any questions.
- When you arrive, you'll be greeted by our receptionist, who will help you with registration and insurance information.
- Our nursing staff will help during your visit and call you at home to check on your progress.
Patient handbook (PDF)