Services and Amenities
Listing of services and amenities, including cafeterias, ATMs, parking and shuttle services, interpreters, information desks and more.
There are several ATMs:
- In the University Hospital cafeteria
- Near the West Complex cafeteria/Outpatient pharmacy
- The University Hospital Cafeteria is open 24 hours a day
- The West Complex Cafeteria (Wahoo West) is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Vending machines, microwaves and coffee shops are located in both cafeterias
Our cafes offer a variety of prepared food options and vending services:
Care Hospital, first floor, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center, first floor, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
For patient safety, cell phones can only be used in certain areas, including near the main elevators and in the public areas on the first floor of the hospital.
434.924.0000 (ask for on-call chaplain)
Our hospital chaplains provide spiritual guidance, support and care, bereavement services and more.
Hospital Gift Shop
Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Located in the University Hospital Lobby, the gift shop offers gifts, snacks, flowers, cards, books, balloons, toiletries, gift cards and more. Call to place a credit card order.
Flourish Positive Image Boutique
Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Located on the first floor of the Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Cancer, Flourish offers mastectomy bras, prostheses, wigs and more. Books and gifts are also available.
(Located between the Hospital and the West Complex)
Access health information on the computer, check out books or take a break.
A certified sign language interpreter is available for deaf or hard of hearing patients and visitors. TDD, closed-captioned televisions, assistive listening devices, magnifiers and select large-print documents are available from Patient and Guest Services.
Our Patient and Guest Relations staff is located in the first floor lobby of University Hospital, the first floor lobby of the West Complex, the first floor of the Primary Care Center, the first floor lobby of the Transitional Care Hospital and the first floor lobby of the Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center.
Staff can help you:
- Find local lodging
- Get wireless internet access in the hospital
- Find items in lost and found
- Answer questions about services in the area
Get wireless access from Patient and Guest Services, which is behind the Information Desk in University Hospital or by calling 434.924.1122.
Internet access is also available on PCs at Cybercafé sites and in the Health Sciences Library.
Foreign and sign language interpreters are available to help patients communicate with our staff. We provide on-site interpreters and over the phone interpreters. If you need an interpreter, tell our staff when you schedule an appointment or when you are admitted.
Our patient representatives handle complaints, problems and suggestions. They can also help with questions about hospital services, policies and procedures.
434.924.2390 or 434.924.9041
Retail drugstore for patients, located near the cafeteria in the West Complex
- Monday-Friday, 8:15 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (for ER and discharge prescriptions only)
Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center Pharmacy
Retail prescription services for our cancer patients, located on the second floor of the Cancer Center
Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Visitor restrooms are near the hospital elevators. Bathrooms in patient rooms are for patient use only.
Social workers are available from 8:30 a.m.-11:00 p.m., seven days a week. Social workers can help with:
- Preparing your move back to your home or community
- Coordinating the services you might need after leaving the hospital, including:
- Home health visits
- Community-based support programs
- Nursing home or rehabilitation program placement
- Mental health services
- Counseling patients and families
- Finding support to manage difficult family or social situations
- Referring you to financial eligibility programs