MyChart (Medical Records)
MyChart: Your Secure Online Health Connection
MyChart is a free service available to all UVA patients. Similar to online banking, it's a convenient way for you to communicate with us wherever and whenever you need to - not just during office hours.
You can use MyChart to:
- Request or see appointments
- Communicate with your doctor
- Request prescription renewals
- View test results
- Review information from previous visits
- Enter, access or view your personal medical history
Signing Up Is Easy
Get started at mychartuva.com.
We also offer proxy access (access to MyChart by someone other than the patient).
Get Print Copies of Your Medical Records
To request a copy of your medical records:
- Download and complete the Authorization for Release of Medical Information (PDF)
- La forma de Autorizacion Para la Divulgacion de Informacion Médica (PDF)
Read the entire authorization form and complete the following:
- Patient name, address, phone numbers and date of birth
- Information you are requesting to be released, including the UVA clinician’s name and the dates of the requested information
- Person or organization to receive your medical record information (example: Dr. John Brown). If the information is for yourself, you will need to complete this section with your name and address. List the reason for requesting the release of your medical records. If it's for your own personal use, write “For Personal Use.”
- Signature of Authorization to Release Confidential Healthcare Information
- Your signature or a legal representative’s signature
- Date of signature
- If signed by a legal representative, a description of the representative’s authority to act in your behalf
The authorization will be valid for 12 months from the date of signature.
We charge for copies of health information in compliance with Virginia statutes as follows:
- Patients: $.50 per page for pages 1-50, $.25 per page for pages 51+, plus actual postage if mailed
- All other requestors: As state and federal laws apply
- Photo ID required
Where to Send Your Request
Mail or fax the completed form to the following:
UVA Health System
Release of Information, Health Information Services
P.O. Box 800476, Charlottesville, VA 22908
Contact Health Information Services at 434.924.5136 with any questions.
Get Your Test Results
For medical tests results:
- Call your primary care provider or the doctor who ordered the tests
- Check your MyChart account