Deciding where to get treatment for cancer can be stressful and confusing.
Here at UVA, you’ll get world-class cancer care in Virginia backed by cutting-edge research and innovative clinical trials you won’t find at other hospitals. And you'll also get personalized support to help you cope. See our brochure to learn more: Imagine a World Without Cancer
Your Cancer Treatment Team
- Cancer center doctors, nurses, surgeons, radiologists and more will all work with you to fight your cancer with advanced screening, diagnostic and treatment technology.
- Your treatment team will meet each week to discuss your care and develop unique, comprehensive treatment plans geared toward your individual needs.
Nationally Recognized Specialists in Cancer Care
The UVA Cancer Center is one of an elite group of National Cancer Institute-designated cancer centers. NCI centers are national leaders in cancer research, prevention, detection and treatment.
We’re also consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top cancer centers in the nation. And many of our doctors are listed in America’s Top Doctors and in the companion America’s Top Doctors for Cancer.
Find out how UVA and Hope give patients in surrounding areas cancer care close to home.
Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center
This new cancer center goes beyond what you would expect in a typical healthcare setting. It's a beautiful and comforting environment focused on the needs of our patients and their families.
The center includes:
- Advanced treatment options, like TomoHD™ and CT on Rails
- Lab, pharmacy and imaging services
- A café, boutique and meditation space
Cancer Care at the Children's Hospital
Children and teens often have different treatment needs than adults. At UVA these young patients receive specifically targeted care by a team dedicated to children's health.
Beyond Cancer Treatment
We don’t just treat the disease. We care for you and your family, too.
- A nurse navigator who will guide you through the diagnosis and treatment process
- A resource navigator who will connect you with the support services you need
Licensed clinical social workers, chaplains, psychologists, support groups and other therapists are also available for you and your loved ones.
Get treatment for your mind, body and spirit with our Integrative Medicine Program.