Battle Building at UVA Children’s Hospital
Opening in summer 2014, the Battle Building at UVA Children's Hospital will house dozens of pediatric specialties in one building in Charlottesville, Virginia.
A pediatric outpatient healthcare facility like no other in our region
Opening in Summer 2014
- Seven floors and 200,000 square feet house dozens of pediatric specialties, ranging from primary to specialized care in cancer, heart disorders and many other pediatric illnesses.
- Cheerful colors and interactive play areas keep kids engaged and comfortable in common areas and exam rooms.
- Care organized in neighborhoods, with several services a child may need grouped together. For example, one neighborhood will be home to orthopedics, physical and occupational therapy and developmental pediatrics.
- Outpatient surgery with a dedicated pediatric area
- Pediatric primary care
- Pediatric outpatient rehabilitation
- Fetal Care Center with maternal-fetal medical experts
- Teen Health Center
- Clinical trials suite and Children's Clinical Research Office
Just for Kids
Staff members are trained to care for infants, adolescents and every stage in between. The equipment our caregivers use is specially designed and just the right size for children.
Adventure and Imagination: Storytelling and Pediatrics
A storytelling theme throughout the building and in treatment areas inspires kids to explore, discover and learn through interactive areas featuring classic children’s books like "Charlotte’s Web," "Curious George" and "The Jungle Book."
None of this would be possible without a grant from Ivy Foundation, long-time UVA Children's Hospital benefactors Barry and Bill Battle and many generous donors throughout Central Virginia.