Prompt, World-Class Treatment for Pituitary Tumors
At UVA, we see more patients with pituitary tumors than any hospital anywhere else in the world – over 500 new patients each year. For more than 20 years, we've led the field in developing new treatments for pituitary tumors.
Pituitary Tumor Treatment
Pituitary gland tumors aren't cancer; but they do require timely, effective treatment. Whether you need medication or surgery, we offer care by some of the best pituitary doctors in the world.
The pituitary gland makes hormones that affect the way many parts of the body work. It also controls hormones made by other glands in the body. When it comes to pituitary gland tumors, 99.5% are benign and curable.
An Experienced Pituitary Team
You won't find a more highly organized, coordinated team anywhere.
- Our surgeons and endocrinologists are experienced pioneers in their field.
- Most neurosurgeons perform a handful of pituitary tumor operations each year, but our doctors handle hundreds of cases.
- And our doctors don't just specialize in pituitary tumor treatments – they pioneered the use of new procedures and medications that are now used around the world.
A special advantage: We combine our expertise with other specialists at UVA to ensure that you receive efficient, accurate treatment.
Our team includes:
- Interventional and neuroradiologists, ophthamologist, neuropathologists and neuro-oncologists
- Endocrinologists ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the top 15 in the in the country for 15 years
- UVA’s Gamma Knife surgeons, who have treated over 600 pituitary patients
- The experts at UVA's Skull Base Center