Browse this list to find a condition and then click on the item to learn more.
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- Innominate artery disease
- Carotid artery disease
- Visceral (mesenteric) arterial disease
- Arterial dissections
- Fibromuscular dysplasia
- Subclavian (steal) artery disease
We're a Leader In the Region...
- Clearing arteries with wire inserts, a specialized kind of angioplasty
- Treating tears in arteries, particularly the aorta, which can lead to blood loss and death.
And in the Nation...
- Performing minimally invasive surgery, including angioplasty, to treat arterial disease
- Using stent-grafts to treat aortic conditions.
Our Experience Means Better Outcomes
Research shows that patient outcomes are better at hospitals that perform more than 100 carotid endarterectomies a year; we perform about 120.
At UVA, we've been performing minimally invasive stenting (balloon angioplasty) for over 25 years.
We repair blocked or torn arteries with:
- Angioplasties and stents
- Blood-clot removal and medications
- Bypass grafts and surgical bypass
- Mechanical devices