UVA Cancer Center and VCU Massey Cancer Center invite you to attend the inaugural Virginia Tobacco-Free Higher Education Summit.
When: April 23, 2019
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Where: Jonah L. Larrick Student Center
900 Turpin St., Richmond, VA
This free, day-long summit seeks to bring together university champions to end tobacco use among college and university students, staff and faculty in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
View the agenda (PDF).
- Bring together tobacco control and college health champions from higher education institutions in Virginia.
- Share information about tobacco control, education, cessation services and research.
- Share resources and best practices for improving campus-wide tobacco control efforts.
- Develop strategies to improve tobacco control through the implementation and tailoring of policies, education and cessation services for Virginia's higher education institutions.
Who Should Attend?
- Staff, faculty and administrative personnel with an interest in improving tobacco control practices at their institution
- Student health employees and wellness coordinators
- Virginia Department of Health employees and regional tobacco control representatives
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond Downtown
A limited number of hotel rooms have been reserved at the Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond Downtown at a discounted group rate of $147. Rooms are open on a space availability basis until March 20, 2019.
The Commonwealth Hotel
A very limited number of rooms have also been reserved at The Commonwealth Hotel in downtown Richmond at a discounted group rate.
Reference group block code "VTF” when making your reservation. This group rate is good until April 4, 2019.
Limited validated parking for the Larrick Center is available at the 8th Street Parking Deck next door to the venue. Parking validation tickets will be available at the summit.