Awards and Recognition
Recent Recognition for UVA
- The Department of Orthopedic Surgery has been named among “100 hospitals and health systems with great orthopedic programs”
- U.S. News "Best Hospitals" guide honors five UVA specialties
- UVA wins national patient safety, orthopedics awards
- Battle Building earns national environmental award
- UVA earns top national honor for nursing care
- Four UVA Children's Hospital specialties ranked in U.S. News "Best Children's Hospitals" guide
- UVA Children's Hospital and Women's Services honored for supporting breastfeeding
UVA has achieved Magnet®status, an honor conferred by the American Nurses Credentialing Center to recognize superior nursing processes and quality patient care.
Find out more about UVA’s Magnet recognition.