The Center for Diabetes Technology seeks adults ages 18 - 65 with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus for a research study. The purpose of the study is to find out if a new artificial pancreas (AP) system can stop high or low blood sugars from happening during and after exercise.
You may be eligible for this study if:
- You’ve been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus for at least 1 year
- Been using an insulin pump to manage your T1DM for at least 6 months
- Are able to commit to following the study exercise schedule (exercise periods of 30 minutes 4 times per week during the data collection period)
Study involves a screening and training visit to assess for study eligibility, a data collection period of approximately 4 weeks, and two 33-hour overnight hotel admissions during which you’ll be monitored and asked to exercise for approximately 45 minutes.
Study-related exams, tests, supplies, and devices provided free of charge.
You will be compensated a total $500 at the completion of the study or you will be compensated for the portions of the study completed at study discharge.
- Completion of data collection phase: $200.00
- Completion of hotel admission #1: $150.00
- Completion of hotel admission #2: $150.00
up to $500