James Denton, MD
- UVA Surgical Services - Culpeper
- UVA Physicians Group
- Primary Location:
UVA Surgical Care, a department of UVA Culpeper Medical Center
541 Sunset Lane
Culpeper, VA 22701Directions
- Secondary Locations:
- ABMS Certification:
- American Board of Surgery
American Board of General Vascular Surgery
- Clinical Practice:
- Carotid Artery Disease, Varicose Veins, Aorta Disease, Vascular Disease Care, Vascular Screening
- Assistant Professor
Dr. Denton is a board certified general and vascular surgeon who holds a clinical faculty appointment at the University of Virginia and practices surgery at UVa Surgical Services in Culpeper, Virginia.
He attended Virginia Tech (class of 1976) and then medical school at the University of Virginia School of Medicine (class of 1980). Surgical training was at the University of Alabama Hospitals in Birmingham, Ala. (completed in 1985) and then a vascular fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia (completed in 1986).
Interests include the training of residents and medical students, painting, farming, flying airplanes, and enjoying time with his family; which includes his wife Marie and their three children and two grandsons.
- 2019 Best Bedside Manner Awards, OurHealth Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley Magazine; Second Place, Surgery – Vascular
- University of Virginia School of Medicine 1980
- University of Alabama
- University of Pennsylvania