- ABMS Certification:
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Clinical Practice:
- Allergic Rhinitis (Hay Fever) (Seasonal or Perennial), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye), Constipation, Contact Dermatitis (Eczema), Encopresis-child, Swine Flu (H1N1)-child, Hearing Loss, Influenza, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Epistaxis (Nosebleed), Pneumonia-child, Otitis Externa (Swimmer's Ear)-child, Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)-child, Pneumonia, Primary Care, Pediatric Primary Care
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, CF
Rebecca Abernathy, MD, received her B.S. degree from James Madison University in Virginia. She obtained her Doctor of Medicine degree from Virginia Commonwealth University, where she also completed her pediatric residency. She is board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. She has been an assistant professor at the University of Virginia since 2005. She takes care of pediatric patients through their college years. Her interest areas include discipline and behavior, ADHD, asthma and skin conditions.
Dr. Abernathy has five children and has enjoyed leading scouting activities with her son, developing spirituality in her children and participating in outdoors activities like hiking and gardening.
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia, 1996
- Pediatrics, Virginia Commonwealth University