UVA Health Cancer Care
If you've been diagnosed with cancer, UVA Health will be there for you throughout your journey. As Virginia's only Comprehensive Cancer Center, we were made for this moment.
Our doctors are leaders in cancer care who define new treatments and push the boundaries of research. They and the rest of our skilled, caring team will work together to give you the best possible outcome.
Trust UVA Health to get you back to the moments that matter most.
Why UVA Health for Cancer Treatment
- We are Virginia's only National Cancer Institute (NCI) Comprehensive Cancer Center — and one of just 52 nationwide. This means NCI funds cutting-edge cancer care for our patients.
- U.S. News & World Report rated our cancer services as "high performing" for 2022-23.
- We take a team approach in which doctors work across specialties to offer you a personalized treatment plan.
- We offer access to clinical trials, including early-phase trials, available nowhere else in the region.
- Our genetic counselors guide you, your family, and your doctors to a plan of care that's right for you.
- Our social workers, nutritionists, rehabilitation specialists, and palliative care experts help you take care of your body during your cancer journey.
- You have options for where to get your cancer care. In addition to Charlottesville, you can access care in Augusta, Culpeper, Pantops, and other locations throughout Central Virginia.