Adult Epilepsy ClinicUniversity Hospital Primary Care Center
1221 Lee St.
Charlottesville, VA 22908Directions
- After-hours (ask for neurologist on-call):
Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parking: Free for patients and visitors.
Shuttle service: Runs every 30 minutes, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Find shuttle stop locations.
At the Adult Epilepsy Clinic, we evaluate patients with seizures and epilepsy who do not respond to common drug therapies. We provide surgical treatment options, as well as all approved clinical trial drugs and devices to treat epilepsy. Our multidisciplinary team includes specialized nurses, dietitians, social workers and counselors.
Our clinic is part of the FE Dreifuss Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, which also contains the pediatric epilepsy clinic, inpatient epilepsy monitoring units, epilepsy surgery program and epilepsy research clinic.
Services we offer include:
- Video EEG monitoring to diagnose seizures
- PET, SPECT and MRI imaging
- Neuropsychometric memory testing
- Epilepsy-specific evaluation of depression and related problems
- Epilepsy surgery evaluation
- Evaluation for non-epileptic seizures
- Epilepsy nutrition information with a focus on the Ketogenic diet
- Epilepsy education and support for psycho-social issues
- Evaluation and treatment for sleep disorders
As part of the Medical Center, we can provide access to other medical specialties, including:
Learn more about our epilepsy services.
Lab and Test Results
You can view your results in MyChart. If you don't have MyChart access, you'll get your results by phone or mail.