Breastfeeding Medicine Clinic
Monday - Friday | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Parking: Free for patients and visitors.
Parking for the Battle Building is in the 11th Street Garage.
The entrance to the Battle Building is on Level C.
We offer lactation support to all moms and babies coping with breastfeeding difficulties at the Breastfeeding Medicine Clinic. We also provide follow-up phone calls to breastfeeding moms for ongoing support.
We offer follow-up visits for personal breastfeeding issues, including:
- Evaluation of latch and milk intake
- Help with increasing milk supply
- Management of breast refusal or nipple confusion
- Evaluation of nipple and breast pain
- Treatment for plugged ducts, engorgement, mastitis and sore nipples
- Evaluation and treatment of tongue tie
- Management for slow weight gain
- Support for complex breastfeeding issues
We also provide:
- Help with pumping and breastfeeding when returning to work/school
- Education about the benefits of breast milk and tools for breastfeeding success
Learn more about our breastfeeding program.
Breastfeeding Medicine Team
The breastfeeding medicine team is led by Ann Kellams, MD, a pediatrician, certified lactation consultant and medical director of the UVA Newborn Nursery. The team includes pediatricians, lactation consultants and nutritionists.
Need Breastfeeding Help?
Mothers needing breastfeeding help at home: Call 434.924.0000 and ask for the breastfeeding medicine consultant.
Doctors and healthcare providers: Call 434.982.3500 and use page ID 1636.
Register for our breastfeeding basics class.