Cardiac Surgery Clinic
1215 Lee St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parking: Free with validation, using your parking ticket when you register at your appointment. Use the Lee Street Parking Garage directly across the street from University Hospital and Emergency Department.
Shuttle service: Runs every 30 minutes, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Find shuttle stop locations.
The Cardiac Surgery Clinic treats a full range of cardiac diseases and conditions and specializes in a variety of treatment techniques, including complex surgical approaches.
We offer you an individualized care plan. Members of your care team may include:
- Cardiologists, Pharmacists
- Exercise therapists
- Social workers
- Financial aid counselors
If you were referred to UVA, we'll be sure to keep in touch with your primary care doctors.
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Off-pump heart bypass procedure
- Hybrid procedures
Valve Repair and Replacement
- Percutaneous valve replacements
- Aortic valve surgery
- Mitral valve surgery (repair and replacement)
- MitraClip percutaneous mitral valve repair
- TAVR (transcatheter valve replacement)
- Tricuspid valve surgery
- Pulmonary valve surgery
- Minimally invasive valve repair and replacement
- Thoracic aortic
- Left ventricular
- Aortic stents
Surgical Treatments for Arrhythmias
- Atrial fibrillation surgery
- Pacemaker and defibrillator insertion
Surgical Options for Heart Failure or Cardiomyopathy
- Septal myectomy
- Ventricular assist devices
- Heart transplant
- Coronary artery disease
- Atrial fibrillation
- Valve disease
- Heart failure
- Congenital heart defect
- Tumors of the heart and heart valves
Our surgeons often treat patients who were initially considered inoperable or too high risk for surgery.
Our surgeons are also experts in reoperative (or "redo") surgery, heart transplant and congenital heart surgery for adults and children.
Learn more about our Heart & Vascular Center.
The Day of Surgery
On the day of your surgery, you will check in at the surgical admissions office on the first floor of University Hospital. Your family can wait for you on the fourth floor in the family waiting area. Our doctors and nurses will keep them informed of your progress during and after your procedure.
Lab and Test Results
Lab results are available in MyChart, a secure online portal that lets you view lab results and communicate with your healthcare provider. You can also call us for results.
Call 434.243.1000 for help refilling your prescriptions.