Huntington's Disease Clinic
Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parking: Free for patients and visitors. Valet parking is also available at no cost to patients with handicaps and veterans.
The Huntington’s Disease Clinic at UVA is recognized as a Center of Excellence by the Huntington’s Disease Society of America (HDSA). It is also the first and largest Huntington’s disease center in Virginia.
We have specialists in:
- Movement disorders
- Genetic counseling
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Speech language pathology
- Social work for patients and families living with illness
We offer the following specialty services:
- Monthly multidisciplinary Huntington’s Disease Clinic
- Speech and language pathologists to reduce communication-related HD symptoms
- Physical and occupational therapists to manage motor-related symptoms of HD
- Genetic testing and counseling services recommended by the Huntington's Disease Society of America
- Cognitive assessments performed by neuropsychologists
- Counseling and social work services to provide ongoing emotional and psychosocial support for our patients and their family members
- Opportunities to participate in research studies and clinical trials
- Educational programs for patients, families and health care providers
Learn more about our treatment options for movement disorders.