Midwifery Primary Care Center
1221 Lee St.
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parking: Free with validation, using your parking ticket when you register at your appointment. Use the Lee Street and 11th Street parking garages.
Shuttle service: Runs every 30 minutes, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Find shuttle stop locations.
At UVA Midwifery, we provide a variety of services for women through pregnancy and birth, as well as primary care at all stages of life. Our services include:
- Low-risk obstetrical care
- Routine, well visits
- Evaluation and treatment for infections
- Contraception counseling
Our certified midwives:
- Provide hands-on care before, during and after delivery
- Develop relationships with mothers and families to help support the labor and birthing process
- Offer the opportunity to have a natural birth with little to no medical intervention or medication
- Encourage shared decision-making so mothers feel informed and confident to make health decisions for themselves and their family
- Conduct home visits in the weeks and months after birth, as mothers adjust to a new baby at home
Learn more about our pregnancy and birth services.