UVA Neurosurgery Haymarket
15195 Heathcote Blvd.
Haymarket, VA 20169Directions
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parking: When turning off of Heathcote toward the hospital, drive straight instead of turning right toward the main hospital entrance. The neurosurgery clinic’s entrance is in the left wing of the hospital and has a convenient parking lot directly before the entrance.
At UVA Neurosurgery Haymarket, we strive to provide the best possible experience for patients with all types of spinal disorders. We offer a wide array of surgical procedures tailored to the needs of each individual and welcome patients who have undergone prior spinal surgeries.
UVA Neurosurgery Haymarket offers the sense of community and individualized attention of a smaller hospital while remaining fully equipped to meet any medical need. Your care is managed by a local UVA specialist and tailored to meet your specific needs.
Services We Offer
We provide care and services for:
- Abscess or fluid incision and drainage
- Acute postoperative pain
- Back pain
- Bone disorders of the spine
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leak
- Cervical myelopathy
- Cervical spine injuries
- Chronic neck pain
- Chronic postoperative pain
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc replacement
- Dural repair or other spinal cord repair
- Herniated disc
- Intervertebral disc disease
- Lamina procedures (including laminectomy, laminoplasty, laminotomy)
- Lumbar spine fracture
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Nerve root injury and plexus disorders (incl. Pinched nerve)
- Pathological spine fracture
- Post-laminectomy syndrome
- Radiculopathy (not due to disc displacement)
- Sciatica (not due to disc displacement
- Spinal compression fracture repair
- Spinal cord injury
- Spinal Cord Stimulator placement or permanent implantation
- Spinal cord tumor
- Spinal fracture
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal reconstructive surgery for deformities
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal tumors, benign and malignant
- Spine deformities
- Spine disorders
- Spine fractures, traumatic
- Thoracic spine myelopathy
- Total disc replacement
Learn more about available services at our Neurosciences and Behavioral Health.
At Haymarket Kidney Transplant clinic, we offer kidney transplant evaluations along with education regarding kidney transplants with a transplant nephrologist.
This limits the amount of travel for our referred transplant patients living farther away. You will only be required to travel to Charlottesville once you're ready to be active on the transplant list or are scheduled for a living donor surgery.
Please reschedule appointments you're unable to make it and schedule the next available clinic day.
Learn more about the kidney transplant evaluation before your visit.
Hours: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. | Days vary during the week
Our liver transplant program has a partnership with the Children's Hospital of Pittsburg. This allows our transplant team to provide the best care for your child. We emphasize listening to our patients, being available and responsive to your questions, and empowering families in developing the best care plan.
Specific Services and Treatments offered:
- Abnormal liver bloodwork
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin ("jaundice")
- Abnormal enlargement of the liver or spleen
- Liver masses
- Liver cancer
- Vein diseases
- Cirrhosis or any complication of cirrhosis
- Liver or bile duct infection
- Hepatopulmonary syndrome
In addition, we manage the full range of primary pediatric liver diseases, including but not limited to:
- Biliary atresia
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency
- Alagille syndrome
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis E
- Wilson disease
- Congenital hepatic fibrosis
- Progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis syndrome including but not limited to FIC1 deficiency, BSEP deficiency, and MDR3 deficiency
- Cystic fibrosis-associated liver disease
- Hereditary hemochromatosis
- Gilbert syndrome
- Crigler Najjar syndrome
- Drug-induced liver injury
- Gallstone disease
- TPN associated liver injury
- Children with a history of liver transplant who would like to start care at our clinic