Radiology Vein and Vascular Care Gainesville
14540 John Marshall Hwy
Gainesville, VA 20155Directions
Monday - Friday | 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
UVA Radiology Vein and Vascular Care Gainesville offers image-guided, minimally invasive treatments as alternatives to traditional surgery. Our highly skilled interventional radiologists use advanced X-ray, CT, MRI and ultrasound imaging to see inside the body and treat a wide range of conditions and diseases with great precision. Since most of the treatments involve only a small incision, pain is minimal, and recovery time is lessened. As a result, patients are able to get back to their normal lives more quickly.
As an extension of the UVA Health System, our clinic brings the high quality care to the community. All of our interventional radiologist physicians are board-certified in radiology and specially trained in performing minimally invasive procedures. These doctors bring combined decades of experience practicing in the northeastern Virginia area.
Learn more about our imaging and radiology specialties.
To save time on the day of your appointment, please print and fill out the “First-Time Patient Form” and bring it with you. If applicable, please also print and fill out either the “UFE screening form” or “Vascular screening form.”
Don’t forget to bring a photo ID, your insurance card, and a list of your current medications to your appointment. We also ask that you arrive 20 minutes early.
- Registration form, English (PDF)
- Patient screening form, English (PDF)
- UFE screening form (PDF) – for new patients who have appointments to discuss fibroid symptoms.
- Vascular screening form, English (PDF) – for new patients who have appointments to discuss leg pain or vascular or arterial symptoms.
- Registration form, En Espanol (PDF)
- Patient screening form, En Espanol (PDF) – para pacientes nuevos que tienen cita para hablar sobre los síntomas de fibromas.
- Vascular screening form, En Espanol (PDF) – para pacientes nuevos que tienen cita para hablar sobre dolor en las piernas o síntomas vasculares o arteriales.
Services That Treat Your Veins and Skin
We offer procedures that improve your appearance and increase comfort, including:
- Outpatient endovenous laser treatment (EVLT) and phlebectomy for varicose veins
- Sclerotherapy for eliminating spider veins
- Aesthetic treatments, such as Botox® and SkinMedica® chemical peels
Services by Self-Referral
You don't need a doctor's referral to get treated for these conditions:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Benign prostate hyperplasia
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Liver cancer
- Metastatic liver disease
- Pelvic congestion syndrome
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Renal, liver and lung tumors
- Uterine fibroids
- Varicose veins
- Vascular malformations
Services by Referral
Your primary care provider will need to refer you to us for these services.
- Arteriography, venography
- Peripheral angioplasty / stenting
- Arterial thrombolysis, thrombectomy
- Arterial embolization
- Tunneled hemodialysis catheters / temporary hemodialysis catheters
- Deep vein thrombosis, thrombectomy, thrombolysis
- Varicocele embolization
- UAE (uterine artery embolization)
- Inferior vena cava filter placement / retrieval
- Hemodialysis fistula angioplasty / declotting procedure
- PICC, Mediport, and central lines
- Gastrointestinal bleeding embolization
- Obstetrical postpartum bleeding embolization
- Epistaxis embolization
- Pseudoaneurysm thrombin injection
- Liver cancer tumor embolization with chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Bronchial artery embolization
- Trauma arteriography and embolization / stent graft placement
- Pelvic venous congestion embolization
- TIPS procedure
- Percutaneous nephrostomy tube placement
- Ureteral stenting / dilatation
- Percutaneous cholecystostomy tube placement
- Percutaneous gastrostomy / gastrojejunal tube placement
- Kyphoplasty for treatment of spine compression fractures
- Radiofrequency tumor ablation
- Tumor cryoablation
- Fallopian tube recanalization for infertility
- Epidural steroid injections
- Lumbar puncture myelogram
- Pseudoaneurysm thrombin injection
- Chest tube insertion
- Biopsy of liver, lung, renal, adrenal, thyroid, bone marrow
- Breast, ovarian and Baker’s cyst drainage
- Seroma drainage / sclerosing
- Pleural and peritoneal drainage catheter placement