Transitional Care HospitalUVA Medical Park Northridge
2965 Ivy Road (250 West)
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
Free parking: Convenient, on-site patient parking.
Shuttle service: Runs every 45 minutes, Monday-Friday, 8:38 a.m. — 4:53 p.m. Find shuttle stop locations.
The UVA Transitional Care Hospital (TCH) provides long-term care for individuals with serious medical conditions who require a longer length of stay (25-28 days on average) than is standard at a typical acute care hospital.
Learn more about long-term care services at transitional care hospital.
The lobby is the central hub of the TCH. Visitors are met by our receptionist at the front desk from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. daily. After-hours visitors can receive a visitor pass at the nurses station.
You’ll need to get a visitor pass:
- From the front desk between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- From the team station on the unit at other times
View the complete visitor guidelines.
The Outtakes Café is located on the first floor of our Transitional Care Hospital.
- The café is open Mon.- Fri. from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Vending is available 24/7.
You may also enjoy your meal or snack on our outdoor patio, or on any of the picnic tables or benches on the premises.
Free interpreter services are available for our patients and their loved ones with a limited ability to speak or read English, or who are deaf or hearing impaired. Ask a team member for information on how to access these services.
Family Quiet Room & Chaplains
A designated quiet room is located on the second floor of TCH. This room is available 24-hours-a-day for prayer or quiet thought. A chaplain is on site or on call 24/7.
During your admission process, we will make a list of the belongings you brought with you to our facility. We ask that you:
- Keep valuables and home medications at home
- Make sure eyeglasses, dentures and hearing aids stay close at hand and easy to find
- Understand that you and your Care Partner are responsible for the safety of your electronic, and don’t plug them in while you use them in bed
We’ll provide storage bags and have a small safe to accommodate exceptions.
Policies & Forms
See info on: