Transitional Care HospitalUVA Medical Park Northridge
2965 Ivy Road (250 West)
Charlottesville, VA 22903Directions
Parking: Free for patients and visitors.
Shuttle service: Runs every 30 minutes, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Find shuttle stop locations.
The UVA Transitional Care Hospital (TCH) specializes in treating individuals with serious medical conditions that require a longer length of stay (25-28 days on average) than is standard at a typical acute care hospital.
The lobby is the central hub of the TCH. Visitors are met by our receptionist at the front desk from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. daily. After hours visitors can receive a visitor pass at the nurses station.
The first floor of the TCH also includes:
- UVA Imaging at Northridge
- Public restrooms
- Dining area with a variety of prepared food options and vending services
Learn more about the transitional care hospital.
LOCATION & PARKING
The Transitional Care Hospital is a freestanding facility located in Northridge Medical Park off Ivy Road in Charlottesville. We're close to UVA Health System’s main campus. We also have an onsitethat provides diagnostic imaging services.
The Outtakes Café is located on the first floor of our Transitional Care Hospital.
- The café is open Mon.- Fri. from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Vending is available 24/7.
You may also enjoy your meal or snack on our outdoor patio, or on any of the picnic tables or benches on the premises.
Free interpreter services are available for our patients and their loved ones with a limited ability to speak or read English, or who are deaf or hearing impaired. Ask a team member for information on how to access these services.
Family Quiet Room & Chaplains
A designated quiet room is located on the second floor of TCH. This room is available 24-hours-a-day for prayer or quiet thought. A chaplain is on site or on call 24/7.
We provide a shuttle to and from UVA Medical Center approximately every 45 minutes, Mon. - Fri. from 8:38 a.m. — 4:53 p.m. A taxi service is also available when the shuttle is not running.
During your admission process, we will make a list of the belongings you brought with you to our facility. We ask that you:
- Keep valuables and home medications at home
- Make sure eyeglasses, dentures and hearing aids stay close at hand and easy to find
- Understand that you and your Care Partner are responsible for the safety of your electronic, and don’t plug them in while you use them in bed
We’ll provide storage bags and have a small safe to accommodate exceptions.
Policies & Forms
Learn more about:
You’ll need to get a visitor pass:
- From the front desk between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- From the team station on the unit at other times
View the complete visitor guidelines.