UVA Children's Hospital Pediatric Cardiology Richmond
Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Located on the campus of St. Mary's Hospital.
Our clinic offers access to pediatric cardiology services for infants, children and young adults with all types of cardiovascular disease. We partner with the congenital heart surgery program at UVA Children’s Hospital. The program is led by James Gangemi, MD, FACS, who is board certified in congenital heart surgery and trained to provide care for patients of all ages. UVA also has the only dedicated pediatric heart transplant program in Virginia.
Our staff includes cardiologists, heart surgeons and nurse practitioners.
- Non-invasive diagnostics, including echocardiograms and ECGs
- Genetic evaluations (Down syndrome, connective tissue disorders, cardiomyopathy, etc.)
- Evaluation and management of heart conditions
- Congenital or acquired heart disease
- Heart rhythm disorders
- Heart murmurs
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Heart failure
- Childhood and adolescent obesity
- Chest pain
- Syncope and fainting
Please allow 48-hour notice when cancelling or rescheduling appointments.