Tuesday | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parking: Free for patients and visitors.
Shuttle service: Runs every 30 minutes, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Find shuttle stop locations.
Our neurologists, geneticists and genetic counselors see both children and adults and help in the diagnosis and management of several rare genetic neurological diseases, including:
- Fragile X syndrome
- Genetic epilepsy
- Genetic movement disorder
- Genetic neuropathies
- Huntington's disease
- Lysosomal storage disorders
- Metabolic disorders like mitochondrial disorders, amino-acidopathies, organic-acidurias
- Neurocutaneous disorders like:
- Neurofibromatosis 1
- Neurofibromatosis 2
- Von Hippel-Laundau disease
- Tuberous sclerosis
Comprehensive, Advanced Care
The UVA Neurogenetics Clinic also provides therapies for managing genetic disease as well as genetic counseling for patients and their families.
We also work with molecular, cytogenetic and biochemical genetics laboratories here at UVA.
Learn more about our Neurosciences Center.
Your First Appointment
You will first meet with a genetic counselor who will gather a detailed family history. This will last approximately 30 minutes. Then you will meet a neurogeneticst who will take further history, perform an exam and discuss genetic test options. This part of the appointment will last about 60 minutes.
What to Bring
Prepare for your appointment by:
- Gathering a detailed family health history
- Bringing any genetic test results you may have
- Arranging for any non-UVA medical records to be sent to our clinic