Pediatric Home Care Services
Comprehensive pediatric home care services are available for children from newborn to age 17. Skilled care is provided to children in the nurturing environment of the home. The patient's care team works with each family to develop a program of care uniquely tailored to each child’s needs.
The goals of the pediatric team are to:
- Minimize the impact of the child's condition
- Reduce rehospitalization
- Foster growth and development
- Develop realistic, functional and coordinated home care plans for children and families
- Involve families in the planning and care of their child
Specially trained, experienced pediatric nurses can provide home IV therapy, wound care, parenteral nutrition, venipuncture and teaching regarding health conditions and the specific needs of children.
Pediatric Home Care Nursing Services
Skilled nursing services provided may include:
- Newborn care
- Chemotherapy administration
- Nutritional assessment and intervention
- Post-op care
- Asthma management
- Diabetes management
- IV/IM/SQ medication management
- Wound care
Continuum's rehabilitative services may include physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy. These services can smooth a child's recovery from injury or surgery. Our therapists are specially trained to work with children with physical or developmental disabilities. Rehabilitative services foster independence and enhance daily living skills, including communication.