Getting a leukemia, lymphoma or bone marrow cancer diagnosis can be frightening. It's hard to find reassurance about what's going to happen and how long treatment and recovery will take. Especially when your body feels weak and sick.
That's why, at UVA, we're in it with you, for the long term. Your care stays our top priority.
Leukemia Treatment Experience
Today, the outlook for many patients with leukemia is very good. Still, where you find treatment matters. Make sure you ask questions. Don’t be afraid to seek a second opinion.
At UVA, you’ll find over 20 years’ experience in several cancer types. Because of our success rates, many insurance companies designate our program as a Center of Excellence.
Sickle Cell, Hemophilia & Rare Blood Disorders
They aren't cancer, but blood disorders are often life-threatening and painful to live with. We offer expertise in a variety of rare blood disorders.
Blood Cancers We Treat
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Acute Myelogenous Leukemia
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
As part of an NCI-designated cancer center, our providers have specific training and experience with leukemia. Our staff provide:
- Treatment: Doctors and nurses
- Support: Nurse coordinators, social workers, physical therapists, pharmacists, dietitians
- Genetic testing: Lab technicians with state-of-the-art tools
- Subspecialty consultation: in cardiology, infectious disease, critical care
The most important member of our team: You. Along with the family and friends who serve as your caregivers, you occupy the center of the team.