We know many of you want to help the local community during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. What can you do?
- Donating medical supplies or gift cards for healthcare workers
- Giving blood to restore the national supply
- Sending eCards to cheer up patients
- Donating money to support our coronavirus patients, healthcare providers, and testing efforts
Thank a Healthcare Worker
This crisis requires new levels of courage and commitment from everyone on our team. Send your encouragement and support with a personal message of thanks.
Give Medical Supplies or Protective Equipment
We’re accepting personal protective equipment (PPE) donations. Healthcare providers wear PPE to reduce their risk of catching and spreading disease. PPE includes:
- Masks (see instructions for making masks)
- Hand sanitizer
- Liquid hand soap
- Non-latex disposable gloves
How to Make a PPE Donation
When: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., every day
Where: Drop items off at the loading dock behind the Education Resource Center at 1240 Lee Street. You’ll see signs with directions.
Questions? Call 434.924.2390.
Donate Gift Cards or Food
Restaurant gift cards or food donations can make it easier for hospital employees to quickly get meals between shifts. Donated food should be:
- From a restaurant or vendor
- Packaged in single-serve portions — no buffet trays or bags of unwrapped snacks
To donate a gift card or food, email Susan Jackiewicz.
Donating blood helps hospitals everywhere, including UVA, care for patients. Unfortunately, many blood drives around the country are canceled because of the coronavirus. As a result, the American Red Cross has a severe blood shortage.
Make a blood donation appointment.
Cheer Up Your Loved One
To keep our patients and team members safe, we’ve restricted visitation. But you can still brighten their day. Creating an eCard helps you keep in touch with a hospitalized family member or friend. You can email the card, or we’ll deliver it.
Make a Financial Donation
Your gift helps us:
- Care for patients
- Ensure the health and safety of our healthcare providers
- Provide coronavirus testing and other resources to other hospitals in Virginia
Make a financial gift.