Follow these guidelines for making face masks for the hospital. And thank you so much for your generosity during this critical time.
When choosing fabric:
- Use layers of fabric, if possible
- For the outer layer, use a tightly woven cotton, viscose/rayon, or tightly woven wool
- For the inside layer, use a tightly woven cotton
You can also use sheets of clean blue wrap, a recycled product used in surgery. Call us to pick up or have delivered.
Please do NOT insert a wire. These poke through and shred the laundry during washing/drying. But, if you've already made some of these, we can still use them.
Use ¼” elastic for the ear-loops, if possible. If not, ties work. Don't use rubber bands.
We recommend these patterns:
- University of Minnesota mask pattern
- Craft Passion mask pattern (without the wire)
- Simple mask style
Dropping Off the Masks
You can drop off finished masks at the loading dock behind the Education Resource Center at 1240 Lee Street. You’ll see signs with directions.
With your donation, include a card with your:
- Contact information
- Quantity of face masks