Our dietitians and nurses give you the kind of special attention you need to manage your diabetes.
We spend 30 minutes to an hour in one-on-one visits with you — the kind of time most doctors can't give you.
In these individual sessions, we:
- Work with you to identify your goals and how you want to reach them
- Provide medical nutrition therapy — developing a diet to meet your unique situation
- Outline possible exercise and lifestyle choices
- Create a plan of care coordinated with your doctor
- Teach you how to manage your insulin, monitoring your blood sugar and record-keeping for your doctor
- Monitor your test results
- Conduct foot exams
With our support, in a positive atmosphere, you'll have the chance to set goals that are:
- Integrated into your daily life