In the emergency room, we work fast to get you stabilized, intervening to stop a heart attack, stroke or severe allergic reaction. We treat burns, broken bones, illness and pain that hasn’t responded to over-the-counter medicine.
When You Arrive in the ER
We follow the same process with each patient. While this may appear chaotic, we actually follow these routines in a very standardized manner.
- We collaborate with the fire department and rescue squads so that we’re prepared at the moment of your arrival.
- A crew of doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, surgeons and other specialists come to your bedside. The team evaluates your condition and decides on a course of action — if you need an orthopedic specialist, for instance, or a stay in an ICU.
- We clear you for surgery, if it’s needed and safe to proceed.
- We make sure you get the physical and occupational therapy and other rehab services you need in order to fully recover.
Our ER features:
- Separate lobbies and treatment areas for adults and children
- A rapid medical evaluation area for addressing less complex injuries and conditions
- A dedicated mental and behavioral health emergency section
- Nine special shock care and resuscitation rooms
- Four surgical treatment areas, two interventional radiology suites, and an interventional cardiology suite
An Emergency Room for Children
When sick or injured, your child needs to feel as protected and cared for as possible. We have a separate emergency room and lobby just for kids – calm and quiet, this room offers toys, books and an interactive play wall to keep your child entertained.