Health System Info
An overview of the UVA Health System
UVA Health System includes five components:
- The UVA Medical Center includes the hospital, trauma center and primary and specialty care locations throughout Central Virginia.
- The UVA School of Medicine consistently attracts the nation's brightest students and most distinguished faculty members. The School of Medicine's 23 research centers continually make discoveries resulting in new and better therapies, including in the areas of cancer, heart disease, and vaccine development.
- The UVA School of Nursing has earned a national reputation for excellence in education, research and practice. Ranked among the nation's top 25 public nursing schools, UVA offers undergraduate, master's level and doctoral nursing programs.
- The Claude Moore Health Sciences Library is a state-of-the-art library with a staff of professionals available to help healthcare specialists and patients find the latest health news and information.
- The UVA Physicians Group (formerly Health Services Foundation) is the physician group practice that manages billing for UVA physicians.