UVA Health System includes a hospital, level I trauma center, nationally recognized cancer and heart centers and primary and specialty clinics throughout Central Virginia.
We rank among the nation’s top hospitals because of our doctors, nurses and caregivers who make every effort to push the envelope of healthcare.
Our staff has been recognized for excellence by publications like U.S. News & World Report, Best Doctors in America, America's Top Doctors and more.
About the Health System
The UVA Health System includes the following components:
- The UVA Medical Center includes the hospital, trauma center and primary and specialty care locations throughout Central Virginia.
- The UVA School of Medicine consistently attracts the nation's brightest students and most distinguished faculty members. The School of Medicine's 23 research centers continually make discoveries resulting in new and better therapies, especially in the areas of cancer, heart disease, and vaccine development.
- The UVA School of Nursing has earned a national reputation for excellence in education, research and practice. Ranked among the nation's top 25 public nursing schools, UVA offers undergraduate, master's level and doctoral nursing programs.
- The Claude Moore Health Sciences Library is a state-of-the-art library with a staff of professionals available to help healthcare specialists and patients find the latest health news and information.
- The UVA Physicians Group (formerly Health Services Foundation) is the physician group practice that manages billing for UVA physicians.
- The specializes in treating individuals with serious medical conditions that require a longer length of stay.
About Academic Medical Centers
UVA Health System benefits from being an academic medical center. But what exactly does that mean for patients?
Understand how research and education propel our clinical treatments in this story about the myths vs. facts of going to an academic medical center.