Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of the UVA Health System is to provide excellence, innovation and superlative quality in the care of patients, the training of health professionals, and the creation and sharing of health knowledge.
To provide excellence, innovation and superlative quality in the care of patients, the training of health professionals, and the creation and sharing of health knowledge within a culture that promotes equity, diversity and inclusiveness.
In all that we do, we work to benefit human health and improve the quality of life. We will be:
- Our local community’s provider of choice for its healthcare needs
- A national leader in quality, patient safety, service and compassionate care
- The leading provider of technologically advanced, ground-breaking care throughout Virginia
- Recognized for translating research discoveries into improvements in clinical care and patient outcomes
- Fostering innovative care delivery and teaching/training models that respond to the evolving health environment
- A leader in training students and faculty in providing healthcare free of disparity
This institution exists to serve others, and does so through the expression of our core values:
Respect: To recognize the dignity of every person
Integrity: To be honest, fair and trustworthy
Stewardship: To manage resources responsibly
Excellence: To work at the highest level of performance, with a commitment to continuous improvement