Shayna L. Showalter, MDPractice Area: Cancer Department: Surgery Division: Surgical Oncology Title: Assistant Professor ABMS Certification: Surgery-General
Contact InformationP.O. Box 800709 Charlottesville, VA 22908-0679 Phone: 434.924.9725 Other Locations:
Breast Care Center
UVA Breast Surgery Program at Culpeper
UVA Specialty Care—Culpeper
Dr. Showalter is a Virginia native. She grew up in northern Virginia and attended college and medical school at the University of Virginia. She then moved to Philadelphia where she completed her general surgery residency at Thomas Jefferson University and her Breast Surgical Oncology fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania. During her time at the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Showalter also completed coursework for a certificate in clinical research in the Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics. Following her surgical training Dr. Showalter returned to the University of Virginia as an Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Division of Surgical Oncology. Dr. Showalter now specializes in treating breast cancer and diseases of the breast. She lives in Charlottesville with her husband and three children.
Watch this video to learn more about Dr. Showalter.
- 2015 Bedside Manner Award, Our Health Magazine; First place
- 2011 Mary E. Groff Fellowship in Clinical Research, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- 2007 Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University
- 2006 Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University
- 2005 Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University