Dentistry Homepage: Preventive care, cosmetic dentistry and gum disease treatment, as well as special care for patients with head and neck cancers or bleeding disorders.
Preserving Your Smile
At UVA, you’ll have access to a full range of dental services, ranging from preventive care, cosmetic dentistry and gum disease treatment to special care for patients with medical needs, such as head and neck cancers or bleeding disorders.
We offer specialty services not found at most small private practices or other medical centers in the region, including:
- Facial pain and temporomandibular (TMJ) disorders clinic
- Restorative care and rehabilitation for patients with head and neck cancer tumors
- Clinic for high-risk patients, such as those with bleeding disorders, compromised immunity systems or mental illness
Caring For Children
Your child’s doctor may refer you to the Kluge Children's Rehabilitation Center (KCRC) for treatment.
Many of our patients have diagnoses of autism, cerebral palsy or developmental and behavioral disorders and may not be able to be treated in a regular dentist’s office.
Our dental faculty and registered dental hygienists perform dental services, which include:
• Preventive and hygiene services
• Restorative care
• Prosthetic and adaptive appliances
• Minor orthodontics
• Consultation and referral for complex oral surgery, comprehensive orthodontics and treatment under general anesthesia
KCRC is also a training site for the UVA General Practice Dental Residency. Residents learn patient management skills and procedures that help them care for children with disabilities in their dental practices.