Restoring and Protecting Your Heart
UVA's Heart Center is home to some of the most respected cardiologists, heart surgeons and care teams in the field.
We're the leaders in treating difficult cardiac conditions, including rhythm disorders, heart failure and coronary artery disease.
Your Heart Team
We operate one of the largest and most active heart care centers in the region, but we still give each patient a personalized care plan.
Heart Centers: Specialized Treatment
- Heart Rhythm Center, to treat complex heart rhythm problems
- Cardiac Valve Center, for patients with aortic, mitral and pulmonary valve disease
- Heart Failure and Transplant Center, for all stages of the disease
- UVA Club Red, a free, online heart-health initiative specifically designed for women
We have the world's first IMRIS imaging therapy suite for structural heart disease. This technology lets us get better views of your heart and blood vessels without taking X-rays.
Worried About Open Heart Surgery?
We’re constantly working to develop and improve less invasive
procedures for cardiac care. That means many procedures that once
involved open heart surgery are done with smaller incisions and shorter
Our Heart Surgery Expertise Includes:
- Surgeons and cardiologists who provide care to over a thousand patients every year
- More chest surgery operations than any other program in the state and more than most in the nation
- A busy congenital heart program with excellent results compared with national norms
- A specialization in reoperative (or "redo") heart surgery
Each year, we care for more than 5,000 patients in our hospital and 35,000 patients in our clinics.
Stay Heart Healthy
Nutrition and exercise can help your heart.