Heart and Vascular Center
Restoring and Protecting Your Heart
The UVA Heart and Vascular Center is home to some of the most respected cardiologists, heart and vascular surgeons, and care teams in the field.
Your Heart and Vascular Team
We operate one of the largest and most active heart and vascular centers in the region, but we give each patient a personalized care plan. Our team provides excellent care through a comprehensive, collaborative approach.
Heart and Vascular Treatment
- Cardiac Valve Center: For patients with aortic, mitral and pulmonary valve disease
- Heart Rhythm Center: Treats complex heart rhythm problems
- Heart Failure and Transplant Center: For all stages of the disease
- Vascular treatment: For varicose veins, artery disease, aortic disease and more
- Coronary artery disease: From prevention, diagnosis and treatment to open heart surgery
UVA's Heart and Vascular Surgery Expertise
- Surgeons and cardiologists who provide care to thousands of patients every year
- More chest surgery operations than any program in the state and more than most in the nation
- More angioplasties (a procedure to widen narrowed or blocked blood vessels) of the superior mesenteric artery than anyone else in the country.
- More complicated open aortic procedures than any practice in the state
- One of only a few centers in the country that treat high-performance athletes with vascular conditions
Worried About Heart Surgery?
We offer extensive experience in open surgical procedures and less invasive approaches to treat both heart and vascular disease.
UVA Cardiology: Imaging & Diagnostics
We offer advanced heart and vascular imaging technology to help us diagnose your condition with the least amount of radiation exposure possible and tailor your treatment.
Stay Heart Healthy
Nutrition and exercise can help your heart.