Providing Innovative Treatments in Urological Care
UVA's urologists are leaders in developing new and effective treatments for urological diseases and disorders — particularly prostate and bladder cancers.
We offer care for a wide range of urological conditions, including prostate cancer, kidney stones, urinary incontinence and male infertility, as well as procedures like vasectomy and vasectomy reversal.
Treatment Backed By Research
UVA also is home to the Paul Mellon Urologic Cancer Institute, a research and education center dedicated to finding better ways to diagnose and treat prostate cancer, the most common cancer in American men, aside from skin cancer.
Our urologists offer a full range of diagnostic and treatment services in several key specialty areas:
- Cancers of the kidneys, ureters, adrenal glands, bladder, urethra, prostate and testicles
- Kidney stones
- Infertility and male hormone replacement
- Urinary incontinence for males and females
- Prostate disease and enlargement
- Pediatric urology
- Penile and urinary tract reconstruction and repair