UVA Health welcomes and provides services, programs and activities to all patients and visitors.
- Complies with all applicable civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude or treat differently patients or visitors on the basis of race, age, color, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender expression.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, including:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, etc.)
- Provides free language services in over 200 different languages to people whose primary language is not English, including:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you believe that UVA Health has failed to provide these services or discriminated in any way you can file a complaint in person, by mail, fax, or email.
- Charlottesville area and clinics that are part of the UVA Physician's Group:
- UVA Health Culpeper Medical Center, UVA Health Haymarket Medical Center, and UVA Health Prince William Medical Center, and clinics that are part of the UVA Community Health Medical Group:
You can file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights. If you wish, we can help you.
You can also file a complaint online.