If you need communication aids or language assistance services, we offer them free of charge. Call 434.982.1794 (TTY: 844.346.7516). See some of the languages available to you (PDF).
UVA Health welcomes and provides services, programs and activities to all patients and visitors.
- Complies with all applicable civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude or treat differently patients or visitors on the basis of race, age, color, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender expression.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, including:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, etc.)
- Provides free language services in over 200 different languages to people whose primary language is not English, including:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you believe that UVA Health has failed to provide these services or discriminated in any way you can file a complaint in person, by mail, fax, or email with:
Patient Experience Officer
PO Box 800791
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0704
Or by using the online form
You can file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights. If you wish, we can help you.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
You can also file a complaint online.