The Diversity and Community Engagement Office offers a range of opportunities, resources, and events both within and beyond the health system. We promote inclusion and equity for patients and families, team members, and community members throughout the region.
To cultivate an inclusive community that embraces, values, and celebrates diversity and creates an engaging, equitable environment.
Learn more about our mission and goals.
A Welcome From Dr. Downs
Tracy Downs, MD, FACS, discusses his role as UVA's inaugural Chief Diversity and Community Engagement Officer. View diversity transcript.
UVA Health promotes health equity through services and programs for patients and families. These include:
- Care for refugee and immigrant families at the international clinic
- Language help from interpreters and translators
- Geriatric care and support services for seniors
- Affirming LGBTQ healthcare, including transgender healthcare services
- A range of disability services
We acknowledge the Monancan People as the traditional custodians of the land in and around Charlottesville.
Get in Touch
Contact us with your comments or concerns.